Wednesday, April 23, 2014

DIY dread band

I love the dread band look. Have you seen these? Very cool.


Except I'm a dog walker and very cool accessories often aren't in the budget. Dear readers, I give you the DIY dread band. I started at the Off Broadway clearance bin where I found cute adidas winter caps for $6 each. What?! I know.



I grabbed a pair of scissors and cut a small hole on top, where the seams meet. Emphasis on "small" because you can always make the hole bigger but not smaller. I did this with three hats total, making each size hole a little different for variety of style.



Some of you crafty people probably know how to sew the seams back up for a cleaner look and to keep little pieces of cotton from occasionally shedding off. Well ... I don't know how to do that but it's a good idea. Please comment if you know how to do that!


And voila! Put the hat on your head, pull your dreads through, and roll out the door. Pat yourself on the back for saving $15.


Incidentally, it's really hard to take a picture of your own head.

No comments:

Post a Comment